Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's been 1 month!!!!!!

I quit drinking alcohol 1 month ago and ya know what, I feel great! Sobriety seems to suit me well. Now a lot of you are probably wondering why I quit drinking. To answer those queries, no, I don't believe I have any kind of drinking problem. I don't crave alcohol. I don't think that it in any way really got in my way in life. Simply put, I just figured it was time. I was tired of losing a day recovering after a night out. Even if I only had a few beers, the next day I'd usually feel worn out, so it was no longer worth it. Also, I noticed that alcohol would intensify my emotions a good deal. The last 2 times I went out drinking, I almost hit people...not good. On NYE, some little dirtbag was trying to mooch cigs off of me...something that most days doesn't phase me...but for some reason, this guy just set me off and I was ready to brain him! As I prefer to be in complete control of my temper at all times, I knew I had to stop.

I've noticed a few things with my new-found sobriety:

I have a helluva lot more energy! And money too! I'd usually drop $40 everytime I went out...so that money is going for new toys now!

Alcohol smells. I never really noticed how bad it smelled until recently. While it doesn't bother me to be around people who are drinking, the smell bothers me a bit.

Drunks are funny...in small doses. After about 10 minutes, they just become irritating.

I no longer worry when I see a cop behind me! In fact, I hope I get pulled over some night just so I can say "Sorry officer but I don't drink. I'll be more than happy to take a breathalizer test!"

I'd also like to add that one of my dearest friends has also recently quit drinking and using drugs. I know this has to be a really hard time for her but she's also one of the strongest people I know. We're supporting each other with love and friendship. She's also joined AA/NA and I know that she's going to do just fine! I'm VERY proud of her! She's taken control of her life and is even planning to go back to school! It was funny, the 2 of us went to our usual bar the other day and the bartender almost fell over when he heard that BOTH of us quit drinking. It was nice to just hang out for a little bit in a familiar environment and NOT be working on getting drunk. I think it might be safe to say that we enjoy each other's company even more now!

Lastly, I'd like to thank a few people for inspiring this move. These people showed me, in one way or another, that I really WANT to be sober! So to the following, a great big THANK YOU!

Jenny A.
Genevieve S.
Marina D.
Mo-Z

Doing my 1st sober show on 2/6 @ Howlers....I'll let y'all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment