Friday, January 8, 2010

Good-bye Yvonne!

I hadn't planned for my 1st blog of the year to be such a bummer...but sometimes life goes it's own way.

Local newscaster/consumer reports editor Yvonne Zanos passed away this morning from ovarian cancer and I, for one, will miss her. She was an "email buddy" of mine. We would bounce ideas off of each other (usually me emailing her my latest schemes for political reform or consumer rights) and she was instrumental in my starting this blog.
In life she was a wife, mother and grandmother, a former Miss Pennsylvania, an Emmy nominee and Gabriel Award and Patti Burns Award winner. She was committed to warning consumers about shams and recalls and was well known locally for her "Does It Really Do That?" segments on KDKA.

Her family has asked that in lieu of flowers, for people to please make a donation to The KDKA Turkey Fund in care of The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.

Yvonne, you were a good broad and I, as well as many others, will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment