Friday, August 21, 2009

Mistrial? Here we go again! LOL


So my sentencing date was pretty much 'much ado about nothing'. I got there @ 8:20am for my 8:30am sentencing...and of course, it was a typo on my form. No one else was there til 9:00am! LOL

Another hour goes by, pretty much everyone piddling about...the one clerk was on the phone checking into purchasing a car for her daughter, the other clerk was doing some filing and the court reporter didn't even show til about 9:30!

The judge then asked to see both lawyers in chambers...WTF? I knew then that something was up. My lawyer came out about 10-15 minutes later with an odd look on her face and the ADA pretty much bolted. My lawyer then informed me that my trial had been declared a mistrial!

So as it stands, to my knowledge and understanding, the last trial pretty much has been rendered moot. So, a date has been tentatively set for a retrial (here we go again!)...but I have to wonder IF the DA will even continue to attempt to prosecute me. It seems to me that it would be a stupid move politically and economically.

Let's face facts; trials cost a lot of money. The man hours involved are pretty high. To waste that kind of money, in this current economic and political atmosphere, is just stupid. I could see if I was considered a threat to society (which I'm not) but the reality remains that this is a low level misdemeanor and as I've no prior convictions, the worst they can really do (unless they really want to be dicks about it LOL) is probation...which will cost more money. Jail would be even less economically feasable. I don't see the county picking up the tab for my medical costs, as well as providing me 3 heart healthy meals a day. Last I checked, bologna on white bread & Kool Aid doesn't qualify as "heart healthy". LOL

So....I'm still stuck in the legal grey area...but I'm still a FREE MAN! And still an INNOCENT MAN to boot! As I've always said, an honest and innocent man has nothing to fear...unfortunately, lawyers lie like the devil to twist things around to fit their motives. Ethical? I think not. Just look at the facts and weigh them.

Speaking of facts, allow me to reiterate. I've never said that an incident DID NOT occur. It did. I was attacked by a client (punched in the eye, without provocation) and reacted by knocking him down, thus getting him off of me. No one was injured (OK, I had a very small bruise under my eye...no biggy) and the incident ended. Unfortunately, so did my 20+ year career....

Stay tuned kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment