Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hello 2015!!!!!!

It's a new year...same ol' me. Well, pretty much...

New job, life is getting better, health seems to be under control. That said, last year was a bitch. But, with every cloud there is a bit of sunshine behind it...at least I usually look for it.

If nothing else, 2014 was a good year for me musically. I didn't do a large number of shows...didn't care to. I was too busy writing! And write I did! Musically, I was all over the damned place!

I was writing rock and roll, country, blues, jazz, singer/songwriter crap, and avant garde stuff. Hell, I even took a stab at writing some classical sorta stuff. I think most of it came out well. And yep, you guessed it...I'm putting links to some those songs right here! Why? Probably the only way you'll ever hear them. I'm taking 2015 by the short hairs and refusing to play the music industry game. I no longer give a shit if anyone buys my records, or asks me to do a show. I just really no longer care. New web site is coming soon and that will be the ONLY place online you'll be able to purchase my stuff. Fuck iTunes, Amazon, etc. Spotify, Pandora, etc. can go shove a dead donkey dick up their collective asses. I'm turning my back on the industry.

In the meantime...here's some of what you might've missed me goofing around with last year:

This one is an odd little tale of love...I really enjoyed playing with words and ideas on this one.




This one is pretty near & dear to my heart. In recent years, I've discovered  a fair bit about my heritage and it cleared up a lot of personal mysteries, including certain personal musical ones. Enjoy!



I got to record a new EP with some friends last year. It was a hoot and the songs were pretty killer! We even did a new take on an old song of mine...see what ya think!




A former client passed away. I was thinking about her one night, and this little personal tribute came to life.



A lot of folks seemed to like this one. Just some silliness and fun old ragtime sorta chords.



This one was a blast, at least more me. Kinda somewhere between "The Gift" and "Frank's Wild Years"...but a helluva lot longer!



A friend of mine made a comment about moving...and this song came from it. Probably one of the best things I've ever written...at least in my opinion. You might disagree. I don't care. LOL



Lastly, there's this stuff.Zufälligen Einbildungskraft. My brain went all over the place with this...and still sorta does. What you might not know about me is that I'm prone to manic episodes. I don't mean getting a little hyper now and then...I mean full-blown mania that can last days to weeks. It's basically just myself...cranked all the way and in overdrive. My brain just doesn't stop. I don't sleep. This stuff has become my outlet. Some of it is truly beautiful, in it's own odd way, and some of it will just weird out the average person. Nevertheless...I dig it. This one is a personal fave. Give it a chance. It might grow on ya.



OK, if you were hoping to read about whatever personal tragedies I survived last year, sorry...not this time. Regardless of everything that went down last year, I went to bed happy every night and woke pretty much the same way. This is a new year, life is swell, and I'm still deliriously happy. I hope you are too...and if you're not, I hope you can find a way to become happy. I'll gladly help ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment