Friday, June 27, 2014

Play it again Sam....

If you've been following the continuing saga I call LIFE, you may have noticed I haven't seriously played guitar in a while. A lot of reasons for this.

I've been busy doing other stuff tops the list. I went on an insane writing jag for a few months and sort of burned myself out comes in a close second. I just haven't felt like it rounds out the top three.

Well, I'm getting that itch to play again. You know what that means! Time to get loud! Time to round up Robbo & JD and attempt to make some noise. Who knows, we might be coming to a joint near you.

I've also been down. Yeah, it happens. No need to cry and wring hands or anything. I've been sitting on a finished CD for 4 friggin' years. I just don't know what to do with it.

CDs? They don't sell well anymore. Downloads? Are you fucking kidding me? That is the biggest racket in the world! There is NO WAY to account for what is/isn't being sold...and I don't know about YOU, but I'm not gullible enough to trust some corporate entity to be honest.

So...the record has just sat there.

In the meantime, life has gone on. More and more musicians keep getting screwed over. Hell, we should be used to it by now. But things seem to be changing.

Vinyl is making a feeble comeback. Who knows...maybe I'll look into pressing actual records. I like those better anyhow. No downloads. Nope. Don't trust em. Streaming? Fuck that. More money lost. I know I know...that's how things are done these days...

But guess what....

I've never played by anyone's rules but my own. Never. I've toured the world without playing by anyone's rules and I'll likely do it again. I'm getting that itch. Mind you, it could just be a skin disorder...

OK, here's a new old song for ya. I hope you like it. If you DO, please, let me know. It'll give me the boost to get off of my ever-widening ass to do something.

Those of you of a certain age might remember this song. We used to play it back in the 90s. Always went down a treat, too! For the rest of you, it's new to you...so dig it like a hole! I hope YOU like it too. If you don't...who gives a fuck. It's just a song, right?

Here goes....it's called "Once Again You Win"

No comments:

Post a Comment