Friday, December 3, 2010

Another Year Almost Done

Here it is, already December! Time for Christmas shopping and the usual silly season stuff.
This time of year I always try to think back on what's happened in the past year. 2010 has been an exceptionally WEIRD but WONDERFUL year!

It's been 3 years since my heart attack and I'm still kicking! The legal mess continues and while some would be ready to give up, I refuse to. As my beloved Aussies say, "She'll be right mate".

I can say that I've been blessed in many ways...some obvious, some not so obvious. This year I got back into my field and damn, I missed it! 2 years away from it seemed like a lifetime! If you're not lucky enough to have a career that you love, stop what you're doing and find one! It makes all the difference in the world! I'm proud to say that I've made a difference in the lives of some very special clients...including one who everyone had pretty much given up on. He & I now share a trust and friendship that I have to say was hard won but worth every minute. His finding the ability to trust someone has trickled into the rest of his life and he's getting on better with his peers. I am sooooooo lucky for the job I have!

My health gave me a scare for a few months but so far so good. I'll be getting the official word next Friday on the big "C". In the past 2 months, it seems to have vanished! WOOOOOT!!!!!!!!
I feel good. What more can I say?

I've made some great friends in the past year and deepened some existing friendships. Best of all, a very dear friendship that I'd feared I'd lost for some time, has been rekindled and is again the beautiful friendship it has always been. You know who you are. Thank You for being YOU and for being a very large part of my life!

The young'un still hasn't run off screaming...so I must be doing SOMETHING RIGHT! LOL

The family all seem to be doing well. The cats are fat and happy. My guitar collection is growing again. AND I've finished the new CD. Life is good!

Take a moment and look around you and take a look at your life. I hope that you all are as blessed and happy as I am. If you're not, take the time to do the things that will make it better. Like I said before, it really is worth it.

Here's wishing you all the happiest of holidays, regardless of what you celebrate. If you don't celebrate anything at all, take some time and celebrate life. You only get one chance at it...make it count!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment