Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Bike, Same Old Me

OK, I went out and bought a new bike today!


Why you ask? A) I seriously need to get back into a shape other than "round" B) Pittsburgh has some absolutely AWESOME bike trails! C) It sounded like a good idea at the time! LOL

I just got back from my 1st ride....in over 25 years! KEEEEEEEEEEE-RIST!!!!!!!!! If you ever want to feel foolish, try hopping on a mountain bike when you haven't ridden a bike in decades. Add to this having to start on a hill and you start to get the picture!

I wobbled like mad at first...then realized my legs were about to rip apart! Who the hell needs 18 gears on a bike?????? 10 speeds were confusing enough for me! LOL Anyhoo, I "zipped" up the street and around the church a few times. I can't tell you the last time I was this out of breath! It's maybe 50 degrees out and I'm sweating like a pig in a sauna! BUT IT FEELS GOOD!!!!!!

I really need to figure out these gears...the bike almost seems to have a mind of its own just yet! But...I plan to do this regularly. In a week or two, expect to see me sweating and wheezing on some of the bike trails. Long term goal: the bike trail that leads from Pittsburgh to DC! (mind you, that might take a few years to build up to! LOL)

I really had noooooooo idea just how out of shape I was. This was an eye-opener! Time to get serious about this!

More updates to come...provided I don't collapse first!

No comments:

Post a Comment