Skip to main content

Zealotry

There are 2 kinds of religious zealots in the world. Those who are in it for their own selfish actions (mostly seeking attention) and those who mean it. That said, this weekend could get very ugly for Americans globally if the fools of The Dove World Outreach Center start burning Korans.

Muslim zealots are serious. They take their beliefs serious enough to die for them. I've yet to meet an American religious nut serious enough to do it. They might miss something on TV!

Pastor Terry Jones exemplifies the worst of America; small minded, mean, disrespectful and ultimately every bit as dangerous as his Muslim counterparts. To even think about burning a Koran, Bible, etc...is just downright wrong. While one may not believe in the teachings, there are others that do and to destroy a symbol of one's faith is not only disrespectful, it's downright evil.

FACT: The Bible and the Koran were both written by men. They have many similar stories. There is yet to be any documented physical historical facts on either Jesus of Nazareth or Mohamed. That's where FAITH comes in. Either you believe or you don't. Sure, there have been, over the years, many attempts at proving one or the other...but they never stand up to rigorous scientific examination. That said, I'm still a Christian. Like I said before...it's about faith.

Throughout the years, there has been a theory that all religions are based on the same principles...but the stories vary according to the locale of origin. Its social science and perception. The basics hold true to all. Be good! Don't hurt people! Don't lie! Don't steal! Don't cheat! Anyone who thinks the Christian Bible isn't mean and evil in parts has never read it. Same with the Koran. Again, both books have been translated and edited throughout history. Short of reading the original texts, we'll never know what they really say...or mean.

If you're a person of faith, do this: Pray that the evil sumbitches at the Dove World Outreach Center DON'T act the fool and burn anything. Pray that the Muslims of the world will understand that Terry Jones does NOT speak for the majority of America, only a very small, twisted group. If you're not a person of faith, cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Be good to each other people. We're one species. And at the rate we're going, our days may be numbered! Mad love to you all!

M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Books

 I won't lie. I sorta kinda need this post for my LinkTree thing. 😂 But since you're here, I'll guess you have some curiosity about my books. Here ya go! Just click on the cover and it should take you to the Barnes & Noble site (if you're so inclined). Thanks! - MM This is pretty much where it started. A collection of short stories. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well-received it's been. There are moments when something changes. Not dramatically. Not all at once. Just enough to notice. A conversation that feels slightly off. A familiar place that no longer feels quite the same. A small event that lingers longer than it should. In BODIES, Michael C. Metzger explores those quiet turning points where ordinary lives brush against the strange, the unsettling, and the unexpected. These eighteen stories are rooted in familiar ground: small towns, aging neighborhoods, workplaces, relationships, late-night conversations, and everyday routines. Beneath the sur...

Uninvited

If you know me, you know I'm a musician. Damned near 50 years treading the boards making noise.  Just like any other commercial venture, there are certain sales and marketing strategies involved with being a musician. One of the most basic and necessary being the demo tape. Back in my youth, the demo tape was usually a cassette; often recorded live. It gave the prospective purchaser (usually some guy at a bar who really didn't give a shit) an idea of how an act sounded, and what they could expect should they choose to hire ya.  Over the years, the demo tape itself became more polished. Some used it as a tool to garner interest from managers, publicists, producers and record execs. The issue I always had with these was that they were inherently dishonest. Rather than displaying how an artist actually sounded, it instead put forth an idea of what they could sound like - given perfect circumstances. Such conditions rarely exist.  By the late 80s, some of us used a VHS tape o...

Clearing up the Great Gretsch/Rockabilly Sham!

I've had a long-standing friendly argument with a couple of friends about guitars. This has gone on for 20+ years. We're all pickers, and we're all usually lumped under the rockabilly category too. They both love Gretsch guitars. I can take them or leave them. Rockabilly fans have asked me many times why I don't play a Gretsch, which is often associated with rockabilly music.   First, I point out that what I play ain't exactly rockabilly. Sure, there's a definite rockabilly influence...but there's also blues, jazz, surf, garage, punk, country, Tex-Mex, and even some Gypsy & African influences in my music. A Gretsch just ain't gonna cut it. Don't get me wrong, Gretsches have their place and their own, unique sound. But...for a picker who is coming from the afore-mentioned influences, a Gretsch just ain't gonna cut it.   The new Gretsches, mostly reissues, are well-made guitars. MUCH better made than the original ones, which tended to ...