Skip to main content

Don't Buy Anything!

Don't buy a damned thing unless you absolutely, 100% need it.

Want to get this country, hell, this WORLD back on track? Hit the large companies (who in case you didn't realize it, RUN this world!) where it hurts. Buy ONLY what you need. Don't concern yourself with buying union, organic, local, domestic or imported. Buy ONLY what you absolutely need.

This planet has turned into a fucking shopping mall. Corporate Big Brother tells you what you want, in the form of media. Do you really need a $300 cell phone? Hell no. You don't. Do you really need expensive shoes? Hell no. Just because something carries a label is no guarantee you're buying what you think you are.

Organic? Unless you grew it yourself, you have no real idea. So don't fall for it.

Want to know why there are so few record stores and book stores anymore? To take away your freedom of choice. Why read a book when you can watch the latest reality TV show? Why go browsing through a record store when chances are you'll just download whatever music is being shoved down your throat. Hell...you probably won't even pay for the download. The corporations already own the radio stations and major record labels. They've already paid for the product. Their investment is insured. They'll find a way to make you think you're rippin' off the man when in reality, you're just lining his pockets.

Rampant consumerism is the disease thrust upon us by the corporations. They just want to sell us crap and keep their profits up. It's an unwinnable game though. At some point, the ceiling has to come crashing down. And who do you think is gonna be left in the shit? It won't be the corporations. They're probably already designing the business model for the clean up...at our expense.

Of course, no one will ever stop purchasing. We're all convinced that we NEED crap. We NEED a giant TV to watch....what? American Fucking Idol? Zombies? The Weather Channel?  We believe that we just have to have that latest cell phone. It's TECHNOLOGY! That's science...right? Science is supposed to be a good thing, right?

Face it, your clothes are made in sweatshops. Your food is poisoned. Your water is too. So is the air. Everything is taxed and taxed some more. Doctors can't do their jobs properly because the corporations own the hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, drug stores and insurance companies. There are no cures anymore. Only treatments. Treatments are more profitable.

The corporations have found that as long as WE are buying everything they sell, all can continue. Corporations create diversions. THIS is good. THAT is bad. Listen to US! Don't listen to THEM! It's all a game. Orwell called it! Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia exist...and the war is perpetual. No winner. No losers. Just more and more stuff that you're told you want and probably can't truly afford.

Use the same razor for 2 months. Drink your Victory gin. Everything you buy is just another statistic for the corporations. Using that information, they'll decide what to make more of...and what should be new and improved. And we'll all buy it.

Suckers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Money Miser

I'm usually not one to suggest products or suggest against products...unless I think they're really fantastic or utter pieces of crap. Well I'm here to tell ya, the Money Miser Coin Sorter SUCKS ROTTING ZOMBIE ASS! I've always been frugal...but don't take that as cheap . I work hard for my money and I like to save when/where I can. For the past few years (which from 2007-2010 were really tight), I've always kept a jar on the kitchen table, and when I get home at night (or in the morning as is the case most days) I dump whatever pocket change I have into said jar. I'd usually cash it in at Ye Olde Coinstar machine just before payday...in case I needed gas, lunch money, or just a night on the town. I would usually amass $60 or per month this way. This past year has been pretty decent financially so around May, I switched to a bigger jar. I hadn't taken anything OUT of the jar since around April. Well, the jar finally got so full (and so heavy I co...

Haunted Pittsburgh #2: A Ghost Close to Home

You could almost say I have a ghost in my own backyard! Well, not quite my back yard but at least close to home. You'd think that living close to a cemetary, I'd be telling of ghosts there but you'd be wrong! This is the story of Peter, a little boy ghost. I've heard this story for years! My family has lived in this area since the early 20th century. Up until recently, the oldest house in Allegheny county was our family homestead, but after the death of my great aunt Alberta, the house was sold. My grandmother and great aunts used to tell me stories of prohibition and all the crazy times. I wish my great aunt Ann was alive so I could get more information on this alleged 'bordello'. (she lived right up the street...but WAS NOT a working girl! LOL)Anyhoo, on with the story... BLAHA FLOWER SHOP (Etna, Allegheny County) Shop owner David Kornely relocated his flower and gift shop to Bridge Street in Etna in 1991. He had heard the building was haunted but had no secon...

FEEDING SERGEI

I've always got on well with gas station people. I can't really tell you why; maybe it goes back to my teenage years. I would often hang out at the Clark station, shooting the breeze, and smoking Marlboros or for a time, Lucky Strikes.  It probably started when a friend of the family started working there. He was my brothers' age, and sort of a big brother figure in some ways. Through him, I got to know the couple who owned and ran the franchise, and the other employees. Most importantly to me, it was a place I could hang out, smoke cigarettes, and people watch. The steady drip of customers and conversations always held my interest. A gas station is one of those places where, on a long enough timeline, you're going to meet everyone - and I did. Everyone had to stop for gas at some point. This was a time before gas stations began to focus on being convenience stores, although they already were, in a way. They were just more efficient. You could gas up the car, grab smoke...