Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A few random thoughts...

A few random thoughts...

* If you think you need a gun, great...get one. Learn as much as you can about gun safety. Make sure that you are emotionally capable and intelligent enough to own a gun. Only YOU can make that decision. Never leave a loaded gun sitting around. Never point a gun at anyone unless you intend to shoot them and never shoot anyone unless you intend to kill them. If you ever point a gun at me, it will take a team of very skilled surgeons to remove it from your ass.

* I don't care what anyone's personal thoughts are on abortion. If you're against them, don't have one. If you want to use the religious angle, then you probably shouldn't be having premarital sex anyway. A woman can have any number of reasons for wanting an abortion but none of them matter. Abortions are legal. I don't see that changing any time soon.

* If you are arguing politics or religion or morals, etc. with anyone, you are part of the problem. You will never change anyone's mind by arguing. Try having an adult discussion/exchange of ideas. Chances are, you'll find more similarities than differences. Build on those.

* If you ever hear me say the words "Bet me!", just walk away and admit defeat. By saying those words, I am prepared to demonstrate that I know the correct facts and am more than happy to take your money. I have only lost one bet in my life. It will never happen again.

* Your opinion is just that. Others may share it, or not. It probably isn't a big deal. Why make it one?

* I've died. Literally. I was dead for 7 minutes. You can guess for the rest of your life what it's like, read every religious book ever written, and watch a thousand documentaries on the subject. You're not going to know the truth until you die yourself.
Want to know what happens? You end. I have no other way to explain it. No bright light. No angels. No long lost relatives (I was looking forward to those!) No burning pit of Hell. Guess what...I'm still a Christian.

* You cannot hold a ukulele and not smile.

* You probably don't want to know what is really in the food you eat.

* Vegans/vegetarians are not correct. Carnivores are not correct. If you like meat, eat it. If you don't, then don't. Don't try to validate your opinion (see above) by trying to make a political statement. You just sound like an ass when you do. If you didn't personally see the animal die, then you have no idea how it died. I worked in a slaughter house. I still eat meat.

* Why is it anyone's business who anyone sleeps with? Before pointing a finger, ask yourself if you're willing to publish a list of all of your past sex partners and sex acts. I'm sure your parents would be proud of every one of them...right?

* Corporations are businesses. They exist to make money. Corporations are not people, my friend...therefore, they have no feelings nor are they concerned with morals or ethics. Anyone that tells you otherwise is probably being paid to do so or is afraid they will lose their job (and money). Face facts, we are all forced to worship money. I think that's kinda fucked up.

* Always take responsibility for every thing you do and every thing that happens in your life. If you are surrounded by assholes, it's because you invited them.

* Some days it's going to rain. That is a good thing. If it messes up your plans, you probably just didn't plan very well.

* You can be happy. It's a choice. If you're not happy, guess what....that too is a choice. No one can MAKE you happy except yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment