Skip to main content

Are you pissed off yet?



Are you pissed off yet? If not, you should be!

You shouldn't be pissed off at this picture, nor me for creating it. You should be pissed off that We The People have allowed this country to become what it is. We, the citizens of these United States of America, have allowed it to become a tyranny in democratic clothing.

Sure, you can sit back and complain. Lord knows we all do. The reality is, WE allowed this to happen. We kept 'electing' one crooked politician after another. We've allowed them to live a life of luxury while destroying our home. Hell, even the richest 1% are gobsmacked at how blindly stupid we are.

The Tea Party are the cowards who wave flags and hide at home, often times while living on their much detested "gubment money". I'm personally AMAZED at how many people I know who, while living on welfare,disability, etc., sit back and complain about all that they are given. Most of them probably don't vote. If they did, there wouldn't be a Democrat in any office outside of the White House right now. We can be thankful that most of them are too lazy - too willing to let the other guy shoulder the burden; something they're used to.

Now before you start whining at me about this, look at reality. Yes, there are some Tea Party members who want the best for this country. Unfortunately, most are racist sycophants who parrot phrases, slogans and bumper stickers. If you want to see what these people look like when they're at home, go to the People of Wal Mart site.

Then there's the other extreme. The Occupiers. I like what I think they're about...although no one really knows for sure! I've talked to a lot of these folks...and sadly, none can give me a straight answer. The bottom line is, they're pissed off at what America has become. OK, I'm with them on that! But how can they really be against corporate America when they're all carrying iPhones???? Kids, grab some quarters and use a pay phone. Go to the library and use the computer. I think you'll give yourself more cred that way.

Then there's every one else! Mostly sitting around waiting for the next big headline so we can weigh in our opinions at the water cooler or local tavern. Guess what folks...we're ALL being screwed! If you don't believe me, take a good look around. Talk to your friends and neighbors. How many are worse off now than they were 10, 15, 20 years ago?

I've been pushing for universal healthcare for over 25 years. I've been called every name in the book for it too. Why? Because America has been lied to for so long that we believe the lies. One of my favorite lies about universal healthcare is 'the waiting lists'. Well gosh, if we need to see a doctor, we'll have to wait and wait!

Well here are two true stories for you. I know these to be true because I WAS THERE! A few years back, while in Australia, a friend's daughter felt she needed to be seen by her doctor. Honestly, I thought she was healthy as a horse (and was/is) but she had it in her teenage head that she had to go and no one was going to stop her. She made an appointment for the VERY NEXT DAY! Saw her doc, got his diagnosis and went on her merry way. I think the whole thing may have cost her $5.

A few weeks back, I found out that I'm losing my job at the end of the year. Luckily, our company is helping us look for jobs and are already helping out with unemployment paperwork if needed. As I'll be losing my job, this also means losing my health benefits, so I'm trying to get in to see all of my doctors before then, just to be on the safe side. Well guess what kids...I have to wait no less than 2 weeks to see ANY of my doctors. And thats with good old American health insurance.

I've been off with the flu for the past few days, so I'll probably have to go to Med Express or one of those quack shacks to get a doctor's excuse to start back to work. What a joke. But remember kids...universal healthcare is bad...mmmmmmkay. (yes, I'm being sarcastic)

How many of us are happy to be controlled by corporations that would rather send jobs overseas than employ Americans? How many of us are happy that the idiots we elect to speak for us, don't...and then vote themselves pay raise after pay raise...and then can draw a pension for failing to do their jobs?

Are YOU happy with 21st century America as it is right now? Really? I'd love to hear your thoughts. I probably won't though. You might miss your favorite reality TV show. Or maybe your too drunk, pissing away your SSI check. Or maybe, just maybe, you really don't give a damn. If that's the case, shame on you!

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you're losing your job, Mikey. I have now been looking for a job for three years. I've run out of unemployment and I'm kickin' back in luxury with my $900/month SS. Keep it comin' boys...dis is da life! i've interviewed for clerk positions, house cleaning, courier, etc., etc., etc. Thank god that I have this useless master's degree. I know that the work i've done in my life has changed the lives of others and spared people from abuse. I would not change my life choices because I'm proud of the things that I've accomplished.... but, what the F#*K do I do now?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Tuesday Flood

This is why I'm fun on road trips! - MCM Tammy's water broke and pert near flooded all of Main Street. The Krystiak twins had to be taken out of the dollar store in one of them blow-up rubber rafts. Old Ms. McGertz hasn't been seen and is presumed drowned. But let me back up. Bob Halpern is one of the two full-time police officers in the town of Sandy Lake. There are only about 600 residents, give or take, so the Cahill County sheriff's department does most of the heavy lifting. Bob has been sucking up every minute of overtime he can ever since they got word that Tammy was pregnant again. The last time, she ballooned up to damned near three hundred pounds. She had a craving for those hot spicy fried pickles, you know, the ones you can get at the county fair. She had Bob running all over Cahill County and as far away as Torrence trying to find the damned things. To most folks, Tammy barely hits 'pleasant' on most days. The added weight and aggravation of pregn...

Uninvited

If you know me, you know I'm a musician. Damned near 50 years treading the boards making noise.  Just like any other commercial venture, there are certain sales and marketing strategies involved with being a musician. One of the most basic and necessary being the demo tape. Back in my youth, the demo tape was usually a cassette; often recorded live. It gave the prospective purchaser (usually some guy at a bar who really didn't give a shit) an idea of how an act sounded, and what they could expect should they choose to hire ya.  Over the years, the demo tape itself became more polished. Some used it as a tool to garner interest from managers, publicists, producers and record execs. The issue I always had with these was that they were inherently dishonest. Rather than displaying how an artist actually sounded, it instead put forth an idea of what they could sound like - given perfect circumstances. Such conditions rarely exist.  By the late 80s, some of us used a VHS tape o...

Clearing up the Great Gretsch/Rockabilly Sham!

I've had a long-standing friendly argument with a couple of friends about guitars. This has gone on for 20+ years. We're all pickers, and we're all usually lumped under the rockabilly category too. They both love Gretsch guitars. I can take them or leave them. Rockabilly fans have asked me many times why I don't play a Gretsch, which is often associated with rockabilly music.   First, I point out that what I play ain't exactly rockabilly. Sure, there's a definite rockabilly influence...but there's also blues, jazz, surf, garage, punk, country, Tex-Mex, and even some Gypsy & African influences in my music. A Gretsch just ain't gonna cut it. Don't get me wrong, Gretsches have their place and their own, unique sound. But...for a picker who is coming from the afore-mentioned influences, a Gretsch just ain't gonna cut it.   The new Gretsches, mostly reissues, are well-made guitars. MUCH better made than the original ones, which tended to ...